Has someone ever wronged you and you just can’t seem to get past it? Maybe you struggle with even wanting to forgive the person. On this podcast episode of If You Really Knew me, Ben & Kim talk about the 7 steps of forgiveness and how it’s affected by our enneagram type and the process you walk through.
Feel free to reference this below in case you need more to chat about:
Forgiveness is something we ALL have to tackle. If you are struggling today, I encourage you to seek the Lord. Only He can give you the strength you need to be able to forgive others AND yourself.
WHAT FORGIVENESS IS (AND IS NOT)
- Forgiveness is giving up your right to hurt someone who has hurt you.
- Forgiveness does not diminish the wrong done against you.
- Forgiveness is not a denial of what happened.
- Forgiveness does not take away the consequences the other person will face because of his or her actions.
- Forgiveness is an act and a process. Even when a person decides to forgive another person, feelings of relief or healing are usually not immediate. Forgiving someone can be difficult and uncomfortable.
- Forgiveness is not weakness. It is the most powerful thing you can do. It breaks the hold that has been put on your life. Refusing to forgive allows the person or thing that was hurtful to you continue to hurt you.
- Forgiveness does not mean forgetting. Forgiveness does not require you to become a “doormat.”
- Forgiveness does not require you to open yourself up to the offender to be hurt again.
- Forgiveness does not wait for the offender to apologize or earn forgiveness in some way.
If you find this information helpful to you, SUBSCRIBE and journey with us.
If you’re not sure where to start but want to know more, refer to If You Really Knew Me – Episode 1.
Info credit: Beth McCord (Your Enneagram Coach)
Hosts: Kim Willey and Ben Sorrells
Ben is a Certified Enneagram Coach through YEC and Beth McCord
Discover your Enneagram Type: Here’s one that we like! YEC Enneagram Type Assessment
Learn about all 9 types: 9 Types Overview
In-depth Enneagram Courses: YEC Enneagram Courses
Please share If You Really Knew Me with a friend if you enjoyed this episode. If You Really Knew Me is still growing, and your positive review and 5-star rating would help.
The Bridge Podcast Network is made possible by generous support from The Boardwalk Plaza Hotel and Victoria’s Restaurant on the boardwalk in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware – Open 7 days a week, year round – Learn more at https://boardwalkplaza.com
Feedback, or Show Ideas? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download The Bridge Mobile App to get the latest podcast episodes as soon as they are published!
Or subscribe with your favorite app by using the address below