Scott’s Furniture, Inc. has been a family-owned and operated business since 1935. Ralph Scott, III, current President and General Manager, comes from a long line of retailers.
In the late 1920s, Ralph Scott, Sr. owned general stores in downtown Greenwood and Bridgeville, Delaware. In 1935, he opened Scott’s Furniture on Market Street in Bridgeville. In 1954, Ralph Scott, Jr. became manager of the furniture store.
In order to keep up with the business growth and better serve Delmarva, a larger building was built in 1972 along US Route 13, halfway between Dover and Salisbury where it remains to this day. In 1990, Ralph Scott, III took over the family business.